Joseph Vijay Chandrasekhar famed Thalapathy Vijay is an Indian actor, dancer, and singer who is one of the highest-paid actors in India. He works predominantly in Tamil cinema. Till now, he has played the lead in 66 films. The International Business Times framed him as a “consistent performer”. At the age of 10, he entered the film industry and did his maiden film Vetri as a child artist. Some of his film works include Nanban, Kaavalan, Mersal, Sarkar, and Varisu, among others. He has won several awards, including the International Achievement Recognition Award and the South Indian International Movie Award. He is nicknamed Ilayathalapathy, Social Worker, and Thalapathy.
What is Thalapathy Vijay Famous For?
- Thalapathy Vijay is an Indian actor, dancer, and singer.
- Thalapathy is famous for his appearance in highly successful movies including Ghilli, Nanban, Thalaivaa, Jilla, Theri, Mersal, Sarkar, Master, among other.
Where is Thalapathy Vijay From?
Thalapathy Vijay was born on 22nd June 1974. He is from Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His born name is Joseph Vijay Chandrasekhar. He is the son of S. A. Chandrasekhar (Director, Producer, and Writer) (father) and Shoba Chandrasekhar (Playback Singer, Director, Writer, Carnatic Vocalist, and Producer). His nationality is Indian and he belongs to the Asian (Indian) ethnic background. He also had a younger sister namely Vidhya who died at age two. His father is of Christian descent and his mother is Hindu. He was baptized at the age of 12. His religion was roman catholicism. His present age is 48 as of 2022. As per his birthdate, his zodiac sign falls under Cancer.
Vijay attended Fathima Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Kodambakkam, Chennai. After that, he went to Balalok Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Virugambakkam, Chennai. After that, he started going to Loyola College to pursue a degree in Visual Communications. But, he dropped out of college and entered the film industry as he had an interest in acting. He received an honorary doctorate from the Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute in 2007 in honor of his achievements in the film industry.
Thalapathy Vijay Career Timeline
- Thalapathy Vijay, at age 10, started his film career as a child actor in “Vetri” (1984). After that, he performed as a child actor in films such as “Kudumbam” (1984), “Vasantha Raagam” (1986), “Sattam Oru Vilayaattu” (1987), and “Ithu Engal Neethi” (1988). He also performed in “Naan Sigappu Manithan” (1985) as a co-star with Rajinikanth, who was the lead actor.
- At age 18, he played the role starting with “Naalaiya Theerpu” (1992). He also appeared in the films “Sendhoorapandi”, “Rasigan”, “Deva” and “Coimbatore Mappillai”.
- After that, he performed in the Vikraman-directed “Poove Unakkaga” in 1996. After a year, he acted in “Kaalamellam Kaathiruppen” and “Love Today”. He also starred in the films Nerrukku Ner, Kadhalukku Mariyadhai, Ninaithen Vandhai, Priyamudan, and Thulladha Manamum Thullum. He then performed in “Nilaave Vaa”. This was followed by the films “Endrendrum Kadhal”, “Nenjinile”, and “Minsara Kanna”.
- He performed in “Kannukkul Nilavu” in 2000. His two commercially successful romance films are “Kushi” and “Priyamaanavale”. His next successful films were “Friends”, “Badri” and “Shahjahan”. In 2002, he starred in the action film “Thamizhan”. He featured in the romantic film Youth and the action film “Bagavathi”.
- In 2003, he starred in “Thirumalai”, “Ghilli”. In 2005, he appeared in “Madhurey” and “Thirupaachi” which was followed by “Sachein”, “Sivakasi” and “Pokkiri”. Next, he starred in the romantic thriller film “Azhagiya Tamil Magan”, and after that, he played in the commercially successful “Vettaikaaran” (2009). In 2010, he acted in the action comedy film “Sura”, which was a box-office failure.
- He joined up with director Siddique for the romantic comedy “Kaavalan” in 2011. His next film, the action film “Velayudham” was released in the same year. Velayudham became one of the top-grossing films of 2011.
- His next release in 2012 was “Nanban” which was followed by “Thuppakki”, “Thalaivaa”, “Jilla”, “Kaththi”, “Puli”, “Theri”, “Bairavaa”, “Mersal”, “Sarkar”. Bigil, a football action film, was released in 2019 and directed by Atlee. After then, he appeared in “Master”. The combined gross earnings of Mersal, Sarkar, Bigil, and Master were determined to be over ₹1000 crore according to trade analysts.
- On 11th January 2023, his suspense film “Varisu” was released.
Who is Thalapathy Vijay’s Wife?
Thalapathy Vijay is a married man. He tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Sangeeta Sornalingam. They got married in 1999. She is a Sri Lankan and interestingly, she is also a fan of the actor. He met Sangeeta in the UK. She has a son and a daughter with Vijay named, Jason Sanjay (born in 2000) and Divya Shasha (born in 2005). His son made a cameo appearance with his father in Vettaikaaran (2009) and his daughter portrayed a small role as her father’s pre-teen daughter in Theri (2016). The family is living a happy life. His sexual orientation is straight. The duo is residing in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India with their kids.
How Rich is Thalapathy Vijay?
Thalapathy Vijay is a successful south-Indian film star who has accumulated a net worth of $56 million or INR 445 crores as per sources as of January 2023. He earns an estimated annual income of INR 45 crores, mainly from movie fees and brand endorsements. He earned ₹100 crore salary for Beast, and also earned an estimated ₹120 crore-₹150 crore for his 66th film Varisu, marking him among the highest-paid Indian actors. He is currently the highest-paid actor in the South film industry.
Vijay charged INR 100 crores for the film Beast, directed by Nelson Dilipkumar, and maintained his status in the “100 crores club” by receiving a substantial payment of INR 150 crores for his next film, Varisu, which was released on January 11. He has served as a brand ambassador for Indian Premier League (2008) – Chennai Super Kings and Jos Alukkas (2010) – For the state of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. He has appeared in the following TV commercials – Coca-Cola (2002-2009), Sunfeast (2005), and Tata Docomo.
According to reports, he earns an estimated INR 10 crores annually from these endorsements. In addition, he is also a brand ambassador for multiple international brands and sports teams. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and he is living a lavish lifestyle right now.
He owns a collection of luxury cars, including a Rolls Royce Ghost valued at approximately INR 6 crores, an Audi A8 worth INR 1.30 crores, a BMW series 5 worth INR 75 lakhs, a BMW X6 worth INR 90 lakhs, and a Mini Cooper worth INR 35 lakhs. He owns multiple luxurious homes in cities such as Chennai, Thiruporur, Vandalur, Thirumazhisai, and Tiruvallur. He currently resides in a grand seaside bungalow located at Casuarina Drive Street in Chennai’s Neelankarai neighborhood, which is valued at nearly INR 70 crores according to Housing.com.
How tall is Thalapathy Vijay?
The actor, Thalapathy Vijay stands at a height of 5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm. His body weight consists of 77 KG or 170 lbs. His body type is slim. He has a pair of dark brown eyes and his hair color is black. He has a very powerful screen presence along with good dancing and singing skills.
tineb.org Related Posts
- Golden girls spielautomaten spiele, golden girls online casino deutschland
- Online casino model werbung, online casino mit visa einzahlen
- National casino auszahlung dauer, national casino freispiele
- Extreme casino no deposit bonus for polisch players, extreme casino instant play no deposit 2023
- Merkur slots robbery, merkur slots maidstone