Rickey Smiley is a stand-up comedian, television host, actor, and radio personality from the USA who is best known for his prank phone calls. He is famous for his positive outlook on life and his ability to make people laugh, and has inspired many people with his message of hope and resilience. He is the ex-husband of Brenda Morris. Their son, Brandon Smiley passed away on 29th January 2023. He dies at age 32.
His prank calls feature disguising his voice and carrying on a conversation with the recipient of the call. He began his career in stand-up comedy, performing at local clubs and venues. He gained his first fame after he became a regular performer on BET’s ComicView. He is the host of the nationally syndicated “Rickey Smiley Morning Show“. He has starred in the sitcom “The Rickey Smiley Show”, which aired on TV One, and has been a featured columnist on the Fox-produced tabloid nationally-syndicated show “Dish Nation.” In 2015, he started appearing on “Rickey Smiley For Real,” a reality television series about his life. Likewise, he has also made appearances on numerous television shows, including “Def Comedy Jam”, “Showtime at the Apollo”, and “Comic Relief”. He has also had roles in films such as “Friday After Next”, “Johnson Family Vacation”, and “A Madea Christmas”.
When was Rickey Smiley born?
Rickey Smiley was born on August 10, 1968, with the real name of Broderick Dornell Smiley. He is from Birmingham, Alabama, the USA and he holds American nationality. He belongs to a mixed ethnical background of American and African. Smiley celebrated his 54th birthday on August 10, 2022. Carolita Smiley Lester is the name of his mother and James Smiley is the name of his father. He has one sister namely Karon Katiea Smiley-Dennis.
For his education, Rickey went to Woodlawn High School. He earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Alabama State University and Tuskegee University from his further education. He is an esteemed and honored member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity and Kappa Kappa Psi National Band fraternity.
Rickey Smiley Career Timeline
- Rickey Smiley at first appeared as the host of the 2000 season of BET’s “ComicView” program. After that, he appeared on “Showtime at the Apollo”, HBO’s “Def Comedy Jam”, HBO’s “Snaps”, “The Nashville Network”, “Uptown Comedy Club”, and “Comic Escape”.
- His comedy routines feature the role-play of fictional characters such as “Bernice Jenkins” (also known as Granny Swims, Ms. Johnson, or Mrs. Francis), “Lil’ Daryl”, “Rusty Dale” and “Beauford”.
- In April 2004, he became the morning show personality for the radio station KBFB in Dallas, Texas. He then signed a deal with Syndication One (a syndicated radio division of Radio One) to take the show nationwide, and “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” is now heard on a number of mainstream urban radio stations. In 2013, Syndication One merged into Reach Media.
- In addition, he has released several humorous songs such as “Roll Tide”, “We Miss Robert” and more. He also had a starring role in Ice Cube’s “Friday After Next.” Likewise, he also appeared in “All About the Benjamins”.
- Some of his most notable calls include “Buried Alive”, “Come Over”, “Uncle Melvin”, “Churches”, “Pray For Me”, “She P-E-E-D”, “Is My Daddy Over There”, and “Whose Funeral is Today?”. Similarly, he has released six albums of his prank calls – The Best of Comedian Rickey Smiley Vol. I, Rickey Smiley: Prank Calls Vol. II, Rickey Smiley: Vol. III, Rickey Smiley “Off The Hook Volume 4”, Rickey Smiley: Vol. V and Rickey Smiley: Vol. 6.
Who is Rickey Smiley’s wife?
Rickey Smiley’s marital status changed to marriage after he married his wife, Brenda Morris. They tied the knot when Brenda was a teenager. The couple had four children together. Later their married life ended after twelve years when Brandon tied the knot with her husband, Tarius.
Rickey Smiley is a father to four children – two sons, Malik and Brandon, and two daughters, Aaryn Smiley, and D’Essence Smiley. On July 6, 2020, he announced that his daughter, Aaryn, was shot during a road rage incident the previous weekend. On 29th January 2023, he announced his 32-year-old son, Brandon Smiley had passed away. He was found unresponsive inside his residence at 10:07 a.m. on Sunday and pronounced dead at 10:52 at UAB Hospital. The cause of death is pending.
How did Comedian Rickey Smiley’s son, Brandon Smiley die?
The comedian announced the death of his son, Brandon on Sunday (January 29, 2023). He revealed that his eldest son died at the age of 32. He was found unresponsive inside his residence at 10:07 a.m. on Sunday and pronounced dead at 10:52 at UAB Hospital. An autopsy performed found no evidence of trauma or foul play. Brandon is survived by his mom, dad, three siblings, and his three-year-old daughter, Storm. His death cause is still to get revealed yet.
Smiley took to his Instagram yesterday to announce the news through an Instagram reel with a caption that read, “I lost my oldest son #BrandonSmiley this morning. I’m okay, but please pray for my son’s mother Brenda, his siblings, and his daughter Storm.” “I just have bad news this morning. My son, Brandon Smiley, has passed away this morning,” he said in the video while he was getting ready to head to the airport to go to Birmingham where Brandon grew up to be with the rest of his family. “Pray for my son’s mother and my son’s siblings, pray for my son and my daughter, everybody that was raised with Brandon,” he said, adding that, “life comes with a whole bunch of twists and turns.”
Many celebrity friends took to the comments to share their condolences including, Tamar Braxton who wrote, “I’m so sorry friend.” Real Housewives of Atlanta star Porsha Williams, wrote “I’m so sorry Rickey!!!! We love you and we are praying for you!! May God comfort your whole family at this time as well as loved ones!!” RHOA star Kandi Burruss also paid her respects, writing, “Oh no! I’m so sorry for your loss. I love you & I’m praying for you.”
Everything To Know About Porsha Williams
What is Rickey Smiley’s net worth?
Rickey Smiley is a successful and talented comedian, actor, radio host, and television personality. Throughout his career, he has released several successful comedy albums and has appeared in several television shows and films. From his multiple careers, Rickey has been able to generate an annual income of above $1 million. The main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry.
Rickey Smiley’s net worth is estimated to have $5 million as of 2023 as per the site, celebritynetworth.com. He is living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings. In addition to his career, he is also a successful entrepreneur. He has a clothing line and is the founder of the Rickey Smiley Foundation, which focuses on providing support for children with disabilities and their families.
What is Rickey Smiley Height?
The comedian, Rickey Smiley has won over the heart of millions of fans and followers. He wears a spectacle and a cap that suits him well. His hair is very thin which is of light brown color. He has a pair of black eyes. He has a medium-length beard as well.
Rickey Smiley stands at the height of 6 feet or 183 cm or 1.83 m. He has an average body type and his body weight consists of 171 lbs or 78 KG.
tineb.org Related Posts
- Turinabol vs dianabol, hgh kopen belgie
- Proteinrik mellanmål, anabolika in serbien kaufen anabola steroider aggressivitet
- Tempeh protein, anabola steroider beteende onde comprar anavar em orlando
- Sarms europe, kontrollera testosteronnivå
- Winstrol injection every other day, köpa testosteron apoteket testosteron tabletten im test