An American gambler and a game show contestant, James Holzhauer is in the media highlight as the winner of the popular game show, Jeopardy continuously for 32 times. James is famous as the second all-around champion of the game show after Ken Jennings.
His sharp mind made him receive nicknamed Jeopardy James. He was successful in winning Urbana-Champaign as part of the Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering Team at the University of Illinois.
Early Life of James Holzhauer
James Holzhauer was born on August 6, 1984, in Naperville, Illinois, United States. He is 39 years old as of 2023. Her sun sign is Leo and he cuts his birthday cake on the 6th of August every year. His parents’ names are Nachiko Ide Holzhauer (mother) and Juergen Holzhauer (father). Nachiko is a native of Japan while Juergon is from German. Ian Holzhauer is his brother who is an attorney by profession.
He holds American citizenship and belongs to mixed (German and Japanese) ethnicity. He has a belief in Christianity. James studied at Naperville North High School. Then, Holzhauer joined the University of Illinois and graduated holding a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics in 2005.
James Holzhauer’s Wife; Kids
He is married to Melissa Holzhauer, a tutor. After dating each other for some time they walked down the aisle on September 8, 2012. They are living happily with each other for more than a decade. James and Melissa gave birth to a daughter named Natasha Holzhauer on November 9, 2014.
James Holzhauer’s Net Worth
Holzhauer has an estimated net worth of around $2 million as of 2023. He is able to earn that sum from his career as an American Sports gambler. When he appeared on Jeopardy! for the 33rd time he won $3 million and won the title of Tournament of Champion with prize money of $ 250k. As of now, he has total earnings from the show is $2,462,216.
James Holzhauer became the first-ever Jeopardy! Masters champion
He competed with Mattea Roach and Matt Amodio for the final round at the show. James received the commanding lead of 34,314 points at the end of the first game and became the player earning the highest combined score being crowned champion. He gave a speech while shouting out to Naperville saying:
“You know I’ve talked about Las Vegas a lot, but I don’t really shout out my childhood home of Naperville, Illinois where I still have a lot of friends and family rooting me on. He went on to tell a story about the last time he was back in Naperville and was out having lunch with his brother. As a stranger approached their table, James was readying for it to be a fan in recognition of his Jeopardy! fame. Excuse me, are you Ian Holzhauer, Naperville city councilman?”
James Holzhauer reveals the cause of fans to rage on Jeopardy!
When the Tv Insider asked about his views on the criticism of the show he said:
“There has been a lot of turnover backstage, I will say, The whole production team has turned over, so you kind of see some of the things were lost when they changed hands there.”
“I think it’s still a great show, but it could use a little tweaking here and there. Some of the question writing could be a little sharper than it has been.”
Professional Career of James Holzhauer
- James debuted in the poker world by participating in the World Series of Poker in 2019.
- He and his partner Mike Sexton participated in the event tag-team match.
- James participated in the quiz show, The Chase on September 2, 2014.
- He answered 12 out of 13 questions in a game round, Cash Builder within a minute with host Brooke Burns.
- On May 22, 2015, he competed on the American quiz show, 500 Questions.
- James competed in the 35th season of the game show, Jeopardy! on April 4, 2019.
- He set all-time records on the show Jeopardy on April 17.
- In a single episode, he won $100k and became the first and only player to win this sum of money.
- He became a part of Triple Jeopardy! as a clue-giver at Taking A Gamble With James Holzhauer in February 2023.
- He will be competing on the show, Jeopardy! Masters primetime tournament on May 8, 2023.
- James received the inaugural Alex Trebek Person of the Year Award on September 29, 2022.
He appeared in tv shows like Jeopardy! Masters, This Is Jeopardy!, Celebrity Jeopardy!, Go Fact Yourself, The Chase, Entertainment Tonight, FanDuel More Ways to Win, Jeopardy!
FAQs of James Holzhauer
What is James Holzhauer’s Height?
James is 5 feet 7 inches tall and has a body weight of 70 kg. 40-30-31 inches is his body measurement and he has an attractive pair of brown eyes and hair.
Is James Holzhauer Philanthropist?
Yes, James is a philanthropist. James donated a whopping sum of $10k to a Las Vegas organization for displaced teens on April 7, 2019. He funded for Naperville Pancreatic Cancer Reach Walk in 2019.
How much did James Holzhauer win on Masters?
He won $500k from the show, Masters. James donated his prize money of $100k for Project 150. His comeback in the show made him win the show as well.
What is James Holzhauer’s IQ?
James’s IQ is 158. IQ of 158 is also considered a genius and he revealed his IQ via email saying:
“I think 158. But it’s been a long time since I’ve felt the need to stroke my ego by actually testing it.”
Is James Holzhauer and Ken Jenning Friends?
Yes, James and Ken are friends. Both of them are American Gamblers and they participated in regular-play, Jeopardy!
tineb.org Related Posts
- Heather Abraham Wiki, Age, Height, Talk Pittsburgh, Husband, Net Worth
- David Novak Podcast, Bio, Wiki, Age, Books, House, & Net Worth
- Anali and Clayton (90 Day Fiance) Bio, Age, Height, Relationship, Net Worth
- John Mackey CEO, Biography, Wife, Whole Foods, and Net Worth
- Jordyn Negri Bio-Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Private Eyes, Net Worth, Blind