Nomia Iqbal Biography
Nomia Iqbal is a media personality serving as a BBC North America Correspondent based in Washington D.C. She joined BBC News in December 2008 as a Journalist and Broadcaster. Previously, she was a Reporter at Hallam FM.
Nomia Iqbal Age
How old is Nomia Iqbal? Nomia is around 40 – 45 years old as of 2023. However, her birthday is unknown.
Nomia Iqbal Height
She is 5 feet 6 inches tall (approximately 1.68m or 168cm).
Nomia Iqbal Nationality
What nationality is Nomia Iqbal? Nomial is British by nationality.
Nomia Iqbal Education
Iqbal earned a Postgraduate degree in Broadcast Journalism from Leeds Trinity University, a public university in Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
Nomia Iqbal Parents
Who are Nomia Iqbal’s parents? Nomia is from Manchester. However, there is no information about her mother and father. She hasn’t also disclosed whether she has siblings or not.
Nomia Iqbal Husband
Is Nomia Iqbal married? Nomia has not revealed to the public her marital status. Therefore, it is not known whether she is married, single, or in a relationship.
Nomia Iqbal BBC News
Who is Nomia Iqbal? Nomia is a BBC North America Correspondent based in Washington D.C., reporting on the USA. She joined BBC News in December 2008 as a journalist and broadcaster.
While at BBC News, Nomia has performed various roles such as:
- A main reporter for “My World” – a brand new global news show to help teenagers understand the world. Its executive producer is Oscar-winning filmmaker and humanitarian Angelina Jolie. Also a partnership with BBC World Service and Microsoft Learning.
- Senior reporter and duty editor for Sony award-winning Radio 1 / 1Xtra Newsbeat – the BBC’s flagship on-air and online programme for young British audiences.
- Presenter for Newsday – BBC World Service’s breakfast show broadcast around the world. Nomia traveled to Israel to present a special show on the African migrant crisis / In Italy to look at the plight of refugees risking their lives to get to Europe and traveled to the Bangladesh/Myanmar border to cover the flight of Rohingya Muslims after a military attack.
- Presented an award-winning show ‘The Big Debate’ on the BBC Asian Network which covers arts, culture, politics, music, and current international and national news. She also won an award for a special show on 100 years since Women’s Vote in the UK.
- Presented a national live radio and tv debate for UK Election 2017 focused on ethnic minority voters.
She was also:
- BBC Radio 5 Live Presenter and Reporter – presenting live and continuous mainstream national current affairs shows.
- BBC News National correspondent covering home affairs including a key role in UK Election 2015.
- BBC Media Action – trained new upcoming journalists to cover key national elections in Tanzania, Zanzibar, Zambia, Kenya, and Myanmar.
Before joining BBC News, Nomia was a reporter for Hallam FM, an editor, and reporter for Juice FM, and a reporter for XFM.
Commonly Asked Question
Are Nomia Iqbal and Razia Iqbal Related?
It is not clear whether Razia Iqbal, a Ugandan journalist who was most recently employed by BBC News as a special correspondent, reporting for outlets across the BBC is related to Nomia in any way.
Razia was born into a Punjabi family in Kampala, Uganda, in 1962. From 2011-2023, she also presented Newshour on the BBC World Service. She has also presented Talking Books on the BBC News Channel. Previously, she was the corporation’s arts correspondent.
Nomia Iqbal Salary
She receives an average annual salary ranging between $75,000 – $100,000 as of 2023.
Nomia Iqbal Net Worth
She has an estimated net worth of $1 million as of 2023.
Nomia Iqbal Social Media Accounts
tineb.org Related Posts
- Chuck Bell NBC, Married, Bio, Age, Partner, Meteorologist, Family
- Khanyi Dhlomo Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth, SABC
- Mike Roman 3m, Bio, Age, Wife, Education, Salary, and Net Worth
- Colleen Marshall NBC4, Age, Husband, Family, Attorney, Wikipedia
- Jordan Dressman Bio, Wiki, Family, FOX54, Salary, and Net Worth