Hank Green is an American vlogger and science communicator who became popular as the creator of educational YouTube channels Crash Course and SciShow. He is also popular as the c0-creator of the world’s largest conference about online videos, VidCon.
His novel, An Absolutely Remarkable Thing and A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor became one of the New York Times Best Sellers. He is hosting Bizarre Beasts along with Sarah Suta.
Early Life of Hank Green
Hank Green opened her eyes on May 5, 1980, in Birmingham, Alabama, the United States of America. As of 2023, Green is 43 years old. His real name is William Henry Green II. His birth sign is Taurus and Green cuts his birthday cake on the 5th of May. Hank was born as the son of Mike Green (father) and Sydney Green (mother).
He has a brother John Green who is an author. The duo of Hank and John are known as The Green Brothers. His paternal grandparents are William Henry Green and Mary Josephine Crosby while Henry Calvin Goodrich and Billie Grace Walker are his maternal grandparents.
He has citizenship in the United States and belongs to the mixed (English, Irish, German, Scottish, Northern Irish/Scots-Irish, French, Dutch, Swiss-German) ethnicity. Hank is an atheist and in the context of this, he said:
“I don’t believe there’s a God, but I’m not comfortable saying that there is no God.”
Hank Green’s College Degrees
In 1998, Green graduated from Winter Park High School. Then, he graduated holding a degree in B.S. in biochemistry from Eckerd College in 2002. He received a M.S. in environmental studies from the University of Montana. He did his master’s thesis on the topic Of Both Worlds: How the Personal Computer and the Environmental Movement Change Everything.
Marital Status of Hank Green; Blessed With a Son
Hank is happily married to his wife, Katherine Green. Hank and Katherine met each other in their college and sued to share the same dorm.
They dated each other for more than 7 years and walked down the aisle in 2006. They welcomed their son named Orin Green in October 2016.
Hank Green’s Net Worth
Green has an estimated net worth of $12 million as of 2023 which he earned as an entrepreneur, educator, writer, musician, artist, television producer, vlogger, and music artist. His annual salary is $1 million.
Green announced the news of cancer diagnosis via Twitter on May 20, 2023. He has also posted clips of receiving chemotherapy and even stated that his cancer is treatable. Green found out about cancer when he noticed enlarged lymph nodes.
Besides, he suffered from ulcerative colitis in 2006. Since birth, Green has had a learning disorder and ADHD. He has announced that he is diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma on May 19, 2023.
Professional Career of Hank Green
- Hank started his career serving at Dennis Publishing’s print as a writer in the mid-2000s.
- He became the co-author of Mental Floss: Scatterbrained.
- Green and his brother John launched the blog project Brotherhood 2.0 on January 1, 2007.
- Green uploaded a video singing the song, Accio Deathly Hallows on July 18, 2007.
- He and his brother launched a charitable movement called Project For Awesome.
- Hank also opened a website named Nerdfighters.
- He became co-founded DFTBA Records along with Alan Lastufka in 2008.
- In 2015, he launched a storytelling conference titled NerdCon: Stories.
- He and his brother opened a YouTube channel named Crash Course in January 2012.
- Green brought hosts like Emily Graslie, Phil Plait, and Craig Benzine as a teacher of Philosophy, Physics, and Astronomy.
- As a podcaster, he host shows like Dear Hank & John, Delete This, and SciShow Tangents.
- He also partnered with PBS Digital Studios in January 2015.
- Green even launched a SciShow along with Lindsey Doe, Michael Aranda, and Emily Graslie.
- Green is the CEO of a company named Complexly. It has content education like Study Hall, Crash Course, and SciShow.
Books & Novels
He published novels like An Absolutely Remarkable Thing and A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor. Some of his popular books are Foreword to Pride and Prejudice, A Supplementally Useful Publication, A Naturalist on Hoth, From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back, and Bonker Doesn’t Die.
Movies and TV Shows
He appeared in films and shows like Crash Course: World History, Crash Course: Biology, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, mental_floss: List Show, Welcome to Sanditon, Sexplanations, and Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana. He launched shows like SciShow Space, SciShow Kids, and SciShow Psych.
Songs & Albums
Hank was a lyrics writer of songs like What Would Captain Picard Do? and I’m Gonna Kill You. Some of his popular singles are Farmville, My Favorite Pony, The Universe is Weird, and We Are All Batpeople. He released albums like This Machine Pwns N00bs, Ellen Hardcastle, and Incongruent. His other albums are The Drive, I’m So Bad at This: Live, So Jokes, etc.
FAQs of Hank Green
Did Hank Green receive an Emmy?
Yes, Hank received an Emmy Award. As a co-creator of the web series, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries he received the Emmy award.
Is Hank Green a philanthropist?
Yes, Hank is a philanthropist. He is organizing the annual charity project titled the Project for Awesome with his brother, John since 2007. They raised $2,368,016 of the fund in 2021.
How tall is Hank Green?
Green stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs 71 kg. Hank has a beautiful pair of brown eyes and his hair is also brown in color.
Did Hank Green invent 2-D glasses?
Yes, Hank is the inventor of 2-D glasses. He invent it in 2011 which allows people to watch 3-D movies in 2-D.
What is the age gap between John and Hank Green?
John and Hank have an age gap of only three years. John is three years elder than Hank. Both of them are popular as the creator of VidCon.
tineb.org Related Posts
- Wiki, Bio, Age, Golf, Net Worth, Career
- Nathan J Robinson Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth Books
- Who is Mohamed Hadid’s fiancee Shiva Safai? Her Wiki: Age, Net Worth, Nationality, Wedding, Family
- Tim Marshall Books, Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, Author, and Net Worth
- Wayne Dawson (Fox 8) Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Net Worth, Salary, Wife, Parents, Brother, Anchor